E/R: Policeman dismissed for defilement, who was caught at the airport five years prior and fled bail

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

General Corporal Emmanuel Nyame, a former police officer with the Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD), was detained at Kotoka International Airport following his return from Dubai. Nyame had been on the run since 2019 after being charged with defiling a 13-year-old girl.

Nyame first faced arrest in 2019 while dating the victim’s aunt in the Nsukwao area of the New Juaben South municipality.

After his arrest, the Koforidua Circuit Court “B” granted him bail, with the two family members of his fiancée serving as sureties for a GH¢40,000 bail bond.

Nyame, however, deactivated his cell phone numbers, skipped bail, and fled.
The prosecution, lead by Regional State Attorney Mrs. Emily Addo-Kyereh, presented the facts that show that on April 11, 2019, Nyame abducted the victim under the guise of conducting an errand while his fiancée was at a funeral.

He took the victim to Timberland, a pub in Koforidua, and asked her to assist a woman who was cooking.

After that, Nyame accompanied the deceased to a burial site and then to his accommodation at the Nsukwao Police Barracks, which is close to Ghateco.

Nyame urged the victim to go inside the room and fold some clean clothing.

Then he walked away, then came back to show her the rows of colourful beads he had on his waist, which he claimed his grandmother had given him.

The victim then objected, but Nyame forced them to have sex while threatening to inform anybody.

The victim later told her aunt’s kid, who told another aunt.
The victim’s father filed a police report after the occurrence, and the attack was verified by a medical checkup.


In his investigation’s forewarning statement, Nyame denied the offence.

Nevertheless, the medical report and other inquiries resulted in his accusation of defiling a minor under the age of  16

Corporal Nyame fled after being given permission to appear in court on August 13, 2019.

The Ghana Police Service issued a bench warrant for his arrest and proclaimed him sought; the Ghana Immigration Service was also informed of this.

According to investigations, Nyame fled the area covertly, first travelling to Dubai and then Togo.

Upon his return from Dubai on June 21, 2024, he was detained by Immigration Service agents at Kotoka International Airport and turned over to law enforcement.

Due to the incapacity of the Circuit Court’s sitting judge, he has been charged before the Koforidua High Court.

However, the prosecution said that the matter was still pending before the Circuit Court, thus his plea was rejected.
On Monday July 8, 2024 the High Court Judge His Lordship George Krofa Addae ruled that the accused still remains in custody until July 27.

source:Preciousmedia.org King George